Scottish Wedding Theme
Dreaming of a Scottish
Scottish Wedding Theme advice and merchandise targeted for your Scottish Wedding Dreams. Offering ideas that hint and some that boldly proclaim your Celtic ancestry as you look for your:
- bridal gown and friggle-fraggles † see Glossary
- wedding and reception music
- mindin’s † see Glossary
- your clan and tartan
- kilts and accessories, minus the brigadoonery † see Glossary
of King George and Bonnie Willie, Lord Mayor of London
King George image courtesy clipart.com
How do you plan a Scottish theme wedding when you don’t know much about your Scottish heritage or the wedding traditions of Scotland or the Celts?
There are hundreds of high quality websites offering advice and merchandise for your wedding. Their merchandise is beautiful, useful, and creative.
But the gowns are mostly off the mark, the flower girls are too sophisticated, the floral arrangements are too modern and sleek, while the decorations are too polished.
Most Scottish theme weddings are a little simpler, a little less sophisticated, and in many cases, a lot more fun!
We’ve waded through the sites, finding the little touches and big splashes that proclaim your Scottish heritage on your wedding day.
Just picture this…
You’ve been dreaming about your Scottish theme wedding …the wedding gown, bridesmaid dress, and flower girl dress all exceed your dreams.
The piper announces your arrival as you step down the aisle on your father’s arm. The bagpipes skirl as ‘Highland Cathedral’ trills over the guests, engulfing them in your wedding music.
With each stride forward, your veil drifts gracefully behind, held in place with a wedding tiara of Celtic knots.
Each bridesmaid, carrying a Saltire, has walked down the aisle to the strains of Celtic music.
The flower girl, in her Scottish tartan flower girl dress, has strewn rose petals in your path. The fragrance of the traditional roses drifts upward as you tread on the petals…
Image source unknown
A wedding ring of intertwining Celtic knots is displayed on a Celtic knot ringbearer pillow...
And there stands your loving groom in his kilt and plaid. As he sees you, a big grin spreads across his face.
Your day of days has arrived. Your Scottish
wedding theme is unfolding before your eyes…
Now, I know you're dying to look at some bridal gowns ideas first, (and you're going to go there anyway), so go ahead and take a peek at the bridal gowns suggested for your Scottish Wedding theme.
To open a link either hold down the Ctrl key when you
or add the URL address as an “allowed site”
But before you make a decision about that most important bridal dress, you need to make some
wedding plan decisions, which will include your wedding budget and wedding etiquette.
- News From Scottish Theme Weddings
- Cake Pulls
- Wedding cake pulls are a wedding tradition begun in the Victorian Era. These small ‘good luck’ charms became a part of the wedding reception celebration and are seeing a revival today.
- Embellishments for a Scottish Wedding Gown, using bindings, Celtic knots, embroidery, and other techniques
- Flower Girl
- Flower girl ideas for a Scottish theme wedding ~ with historical wedding dress and shoe ideas, hair decorations, lots of tartan and Scottish motifs
- Heraldry, the emblem of a person, their name, their deeds, their location, and how they want others to see them
- Heraldic Symbols
- Heraldic Symbols from Medieval Times that can be used as Victorian Cake Pulls for your Scottish theme wedding
- To Kilt or Not To Kilt, That is the Question...
- To Kilt or Not to Kilt, That is the Question…there’s a mystique that surrounds a man in Highland clothing. He conveys strength and stature, while adding an allure of romance.
- Patterns and directions for constructing Scottish and historical wedding attire
- Scottish Clans
- Scottish clans ~ their place in Highland history, their importance today in America for Scots Americans as they plan a Scottish wedding theme.
- Scottish History
- Scottish history, in Scotland and in America, including famous Scots, Kings and Queens, historic accomplishements, and an American wedding day
- Tartans of Scotland, their history, your choices today, sources for woolen, silk and cotton fabric and ribbons for a Scottish theme wedding
- Tartans List
- Tartans List of Scottish tartans displayed on Scottish Wedding Dreams webpages and blogs
- Tiaras, Etc.
- Tiaras and other headdress for a Scottish Theme Wedding
- The Wedding Dress
- Find a wedding dress for your Scottish wedding ~ Medieval, Renaissance, Victorian, Vintage, and Modern ~ with Celtic and Scottish embellishments and motifs
- Wedding Favors
- Wedding favors with a Scottish flavor for your guests, using Scottish motifs and ideas
- Scottish Wedding Gifts
- Scottish wedding gifts for the Celtic couple, from the traditional makeup bell to unique wedding gifts with a Scottish flair
- Scottish Wedding Rings
- Wedding rings – the fede and claddagh betrothal rings, plus Celtic knot rings for Scottish Theme Weddings.
- Wedding Shoes
- Wedding shoes for a Scottish theme wedding ~ history and styles, plus sources for tartan and personalized bridal shoes
- Plan A Scottish Theme Wedding
- Plan a Scottish theme wedding using Scottish wedding traditions to develop wedding venues, within a wedding budget and wedding etiquette, for your marriage ceremony.
- Wedding Traditions of Scotland
- Wedding traditions of Scotland ~ from the wooing and courting, through the Scottish wedding ceremony, into the home with blessings and hilarity
- Glossary of Scottish Words
- Scottish words ~ a wee Scottish dictionary of terms and words used on this website, with definitions and explanations
- Contact Us
- Contact us with questions, ideas, suggestions
- Bibliography of Resources for Scottish Wedding Dreams